Board Meeting Minutes: March 23, 2011
ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
March 23, 2011, 1:00 UTC
PRESENT: Rachel Barenblat, Hele Braunstein, Francesca Coppa, Ira Gladkova, Sheila Lane, Allison Morris, Kristen Murphy
- The minutes from March 15 were approved via e-mail.
- We unanimously approved a request from Sheila to pay the registration fee for her to attend a seminar on nonprofit tax issues.
- VolCom update from Allison: The conduct policy draft is being reviewed by chairs and Legal; all feedback so far has been positive. The chairs also accepted the proposal to extend Vault accounts to all staff members.
- Everyone is encouraged to signalboost the fund drive (March 23-30).
- The server poll is wrapping up and has had a great voter turnout. We discussed what to do in the event of multiple numerical winners from the same fandom, and decided that in the interests of PR and fannish diversity it would be best to use the top winner from each fandom. We also discussed the possibility of keeping the runner-up names in reserve for naming future items, since running a nomination and voting process is time- and labor-intensive and may not be worthwhile in cases when there's only a single item to be named.
- Update on curriculum project
- Clarification of earlier Basecamp discussion regarding Journal's interest in brainstorming about a possible future academic conference.
- Confidential discussion to continue via e-mail.
The meeting was adjourned at 2:25 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on April 6, 2011.