Board Meeting Minutes: April 13, 2011
ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
April 13, 2011, 1:00 UTC
PRESENT: Rachel Barenblat, Hele Braunstein, Francesca Coppa, Ira Gladkova, Sheila Lane, Allison Morris, Kristen Murphy
- The minutes from April 6 were approved via e-mail.
- Francesca and Sheila reported on a prospective monetary donation earmarked for the Fan Culture Preservation Project.
- Kristen, on behalf of Webmasters and Open Doors, presented a draft of the new Open Doors website. The Board offered suggestions for possible revisions; Kristen will follow up on those and report back at a future meeting.
- Update on the situation reported last week regarding a unresponsive committee: the committee's liaison reports that she has been in contact with the chair and the situation is being addressed.
- Francesca reported that the fair use curriculum subcommittee is gearing up for its first meeting.
- Server naming poll: The Board voted 6-1, with Ira dissenting, to abide by the results of the vote; we unanimously agreed to frame the announcement in a post about the process and related diversity issues. The public post and a message to staff will be drafted in Basecamp.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:45 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on April 21, 2011.