Board Meeting Minutes: March 3, 2012
ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
March 3rd, 2012, 15:00 UTC
PRESENT: Jenny Scott-Thompson, Ira Gladkova, Kristen Murphy, Julia Beck, Nikisha Sanders.
ABSENT: Naomi Novik, Francesca Coppa.
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
- Mail aliases for the I&O Survey were discussed, and it was agreed to give a transformativeworks.org personal email address to Betsy Rosenblatt as supervisor for the survey
- The strategic planning workgroup was slightly delayed by a misunderstanding of the goals, but this is now sorted and they will be meeting soon. We hope to have a first proposal for the process in April.
- It was agreed to delay the fundraising drive from the traditional March to April, to give new DevMem staff a chance to get up to speed and participate fully. Several ideas were discussed for fundraising drive tie-ins and timing, to be elaborated on after consulting appropriate parties.
- Finance have completed the Delaware state filing and are working on the Directors and Officers insurance.
- We planned a new volunteers meet and greet session, and discussed potential future open house sessions.
- We agreed to hold the open session of Board meetings in Cross Committee room in Campfire in future, instead of Chairs room. This will mean that more staff in the org can read transcript. We will also look at having more themed open sessions, where a committee or project can give an update on their work. Julia will draft an announcement to the org about this.
- We discussed the Open Doors SSA import - some people have raised concerns, which have been mainly due to misunderstandings and answered by Communications and Rachel B.
- A confidential staffing matter was discussed.
- We discussed more ways to support chairs and new staff and volunteers.
The meeting was adjourned at 17:10 UTC.
Minutes approved by the board on 6th March.