Board Meeting Minutes: January 21, 2012
ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
January 21, 2012, 15:00 UTC
PRESENT: Jenny Scott-Thompson, Naomi Novik, Kristen Murphy, Nikisha Sanders, Ira Gladkova.
ABSENT: Francesca Coppa, Julia Beck.
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
- Sanders emailed megcwalsh about strategic planning yesterday.
- Francesca and Jenny will aim for two sets of old minutes per week to review, before eventually publishing them.
- Committee news:
- AD&T are planning the next AO3 deploy soon.
- Webmasters have a redesign proposal to be considered, which they will bring to board soon.
- Open Doors have a big import being prepared.
- Legal have a proposal for an amicus brief in Hart v. Electronic Arts, Inc. which was approved.
- The first Org-wide meeting will be delayed until February, given the late start of term, pending discussion of a possible new format for the meetings.
- Most of the chairs we agreed have confirmed their willingness to serve - we are waiting for one final reply.
- The list of potential staff from Volcom was approved, with the only amendment being that Kristen will step down from Communications in light of her other responsibilities. We also clarified some of the process around appointments of new staff:
- All the chairs have the option of talking to potential staff before accepting them, if they want to discuss people's interests and experience in more detail.
- For people who have multiple possible committee placements, we forward them to all listed committees. If more than one chair accepts them, the person has the option to choose which committee they would prefer to serve on. If one of the committees is more in need of staff than the other, we can also offer suggestions.
The meeting was adjourned at 17:10 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on 22nd January 2012.