Links Roundup for May 5, 2010
Here's a roundup of stories, videos, and articles that might be of interest to fans!
* A Tangle of Thorns is a literary mashup of Nabokov's "Lolita" and Lessig's "Future of Ideas" by the suspiciously-named "Otto Lambert". (Lolita's already been remixed before: Pia Pera wrote "Lo's Diary" retelling the story from Lolita's point of view.)
* The EFF has provided a list of its favorite books in such categories as Copyright, Trademark and Innovation, Privacy, Technology, and International Internet Culture.
* In The End of History (NY Times), Marc Aronson argues that "In order for electronic books to live up to their billing, the system in which nonfiction writers get permission to use copyrighted material in new work has to be fixed."
* When Copyright Goes Bad is a film about how copyright is affecting consumers, and features some key players in the debate, including Fred Von Lohmann of the EFF, Jim Killock of the Open Rights Group, and Hank Shocklee - Co-founder of Public Enemy.
* ...and hey, they DID get a "Hitler Reacts to the Hitler parodies being removed from YouTube!" video up after all!