Board Meeting Minutes: November 10, 2011
ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
November 10, 2011, 01:30 UTC
PRESENT: Rachel Barenblat, Hele Braunstein, Francesca Coppa, Kristen Murphy
ABSENT: Ira Gladkova, Sheila Lane, Allison Morris
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
- Hele presented the proposal from Translation to obtain an account with GQueues (http://www.gqueues.com), a to-do list tool. (This was previously discussed in our October 27 meeting.) We voted to approve its use as an interim solution, while continuing to investigate the possibility of adopting an internally managed tool.
- We approved a new staffer for the Volunteers & Recruiting committee.
- Kristen and Francesca reported that the Yuletide importer is nearly ready at the AO3, and it turns out that it can probably handle the large-scale importing of any archive built from Naomi's Automated Archive software. If this is indeed the case, it means Open Doors will soon be able to start doing larger/faster imports instead of importing by hand.
- Kristen reported that Betsy Rosenblatt of the Legal committee has agreed to serve as supervisor for the external survey, and that Julia Beck is in conversation with Legal about the suitability of SurveyMonkey.
- We discussed a current staff member who wishes to join another committee; we aren't sure yet whether this will be instead of or in addition to her current role.
- Rachel said she would like to talk about how emeritus board members can best serve the org; she will start a writeboard to collect ideas about this.
- We approved a new staffer for the Systems committee.
- Discussion of the strategic planning process and of communication within the Board.
The meeting was adjourned at 3:05 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on December 5, 2011.